MICROSHIELD® 4 Chlorhexidine Surgical Handwash is a surgical scrub that has broad spectrum activity against gram positive, gram negative and antibiotic resistant bacteria (including MRSA, VRE, spore forming organisms and food borne pathogens), yeast, fungi and viruses (including HIV-1, herpes simplex and influenza Type A)1
Active ingredient : 4% w/v Chlorhexidine Gluconate
- For antimicrobial hand washing and surgical hand washing
- For pre-operative body washing and showering
Instructions for use
- Antimicrobial hand washing:
- Deliver 5ml of product into wet hands. Wash for 30 seconds. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Surgical hand washing:
- Repeat above wash for 2 minutes. Scrub. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a sterile towel.
- Body washing and showering:
- Wet body. Deliver sufficient product to work up a lather. Wash as usual. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
Special advice :
- Contains Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% w/v (equivalent to Chlorhexidine 22.5g/L)
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
- Do not mix with detergents and other chemicals.
- Keep out of eyes and ears.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Contraindicated in case of known hypersensitivity to Chlorhexidine.
- Shall be stored below 25oC and protect from light.
- Flammable. Keep away from fire or flame.