Gigasept® PAA is a ready to use high-level disinfectant suitable for disinfection of a variety of medical devices and instruments
Application areas :
- For manual or semiautomated disinfection
- Processing of pre-cleaned flexible endoscope
- Ophtalmological equipment
- Surgical instruments made of stainless steel
- Heat sensitive medical devices
Material Compatibility :
- Incompatible materials: iron, toolsteel, aluminium, platinum, nickel-/ chromeplated or non ferrous metal alloys parts (e.g. copper and brass)
- Compatible materials: (limited to the maximum contact time; obligatory rinse after contact) polycarbonate, polyurethane, silicone, polysulfone, polyamide, polyester, polystyrene
Instruction for use
- Gigasept® PAA is ready to use, active immediately and stable over 7 days or 50 cycles. The solution can be tested using gigasept® PAA test stripes.
- Always ensure the pre-cleaning of the endoscope and a complete wetting of the surfaces. Immerse hollow objects in such a way that air escapes completely from the lumen.
- After the necessary contact time rinse carefully with sterile or filtered water before re-use.
- Do not exceed the recommended contact time.
- Use of gigasept® PAA test strips
- Gigasept® PAA test strips turns black or dark blue if the solution is effective. With no change of colour or only partly coloration of the strips the solution is no longer effective and need to be changed.
- Dip test strip in the solution for 1 second.
- Shake off the excess liquid.
- Check the colour in the test zone after 10 seconds.
- Ignore colour changes after 15 seconds.
Avoid the mixing of gigasept® PAA with other products (cleaner, disinfectants), particularly with aldehydes or derivates of halogens (e.g. glutaral, sodium hypochlorite, etc.)
Microbial efficacy/ Contact Time
Gigasept PAA is effective against:
EN 1040, EN 13727 (clean conditions)
EN 1275, EN 13624
EN 14347 (clean conditions)
Product data :
- 100g of gigasept® PAA contains: 0,1 g Peracetic acid
- Other ingredients: corrosion inhibitors, surfactants, stabilising agents, excipients
Labelling according to EC directives
- Xi Irritant.
- R41: Risk of serious damage to eyes.
- S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- S39: Wear eye/face protection.
Special advice :
USE DISINFECTANT SAFELY. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
- For external use only. Do not swallow.
- Appropriate personal protection equipment are required
- Wearing of gloves are recommended
- Avoid contact with eyes. If in eyes, rinse well with water.
- Do not mix with detergents or other chemicals.
- Do not use after the expiry date.
Information for ordering :
Product / Accessories
4 x 5 Ltr
Gigasept PAA test strips
50 strips in a single tube
Environmental Information :
- Schulke manufactures products economically and with advanced, safe and environmentally friendly production processes while at the same time maintaining out high quality standards.